
I am not afraid of coyotes, until they are not afraid of me. The other day we were waiting for the school bus and I looked about 30 yards down the road to see this coyote running after us. I told Ben to run home and I turned and grabbed Max. At that very moment, a lady driving down the street saw the coyote and slammed on her brakes. She popped up out of the moon roof in her car and yelled, "is that a coyote?" I yelled, "YES!!" and she started to yell at it. He saw her car and turned and ran away. I will never forget the look on that mutts face when he was running towards us. He was not scared of us or our size. I called animal control and they said that city coyotes are becoming less and less afraid of people. People are feeding them, or people are feeding squirrels not realizing that they are also feeding coyotes and the coyotes stay around and are not afraid. I don't know what was on that coyotes mind, but I feel so blessed that I didn't have to find out. I am so thankful for the sweet lady driving by that took the time to stop and help us. With the advice from the animal control and police I now go to the bus stop with pepper spray.
Friday, October 3, 2008
The coyote
Brought to you by Abbie at 10:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Tanner says, "me and dad can go back there and shoot it." Yeah right T will be the first one running for the house. He's chicken.
scary. Glad it turned out well. Keep that pepper spray handy!
That is crazy that they arent scared. There were coyotes all around when i was little but they were always afraid of people
I guess coyotes are everywhere!!! I spotted two running down the greenbelt behind my house... It makes me glad we don't have any little pets!
Post a Comment