A couple weeks ago some of my friends were telling me about the crushes that their kindergarten and first grade girls were having on the little boys. I was shocked. Seriously? Then it happened. Today when Ben got off the bus he showed me a Star Wars card that flips through different pictures. This is our conversation:
Ben: Today this girl brought this to me.
Me: Oh, that was nice. (I wasn't going to ask further, but my thinker started and I became curious) Who was it? Was it the nice girl on the bus?
Ben: No.
Me: Was it a girl in your class?
Ben: Yes.
Me: What is her name?
Ben: Umm. Brianna or something.
Me: That is very nice of Brianna.
Ben: Yeah.
Me: Did you tell her thank you?
Ben: Well I said, "cool" and that meant thank you. I showed it to Mrs. Fields.
Me: What did Mrs. Fields say?
Ben: Cool. I think.
Luckily for me, we had parent/teacher conference today. So, I asked Ben's teacher about it. She looked very puzzled when I said it was from Brianna. Turns out it wasn't from Brianna. It was from Aubrey. Poor little girl can't even get credit. Boys are so dumb!! I can say that because it's my son....don't you guys start rippin on him. :) Mrs. Fields said that she asked Aubrey about it after Ben told her and Aubrey blushed, smiled, and turned her head. So CUTE!!! Later tonight I had this conversation:
Me: So Ben, it was Aubrey that gave you that Star Wars card.
Ben: Oh yeah, you're right, it was Aubrey. That's her name.
Me: You need to make sure that you go to school tomorrow and thank her.
Ben: Okay Mom.
I wanted to take a picture, of course!! I told him to hold the card and smile. He kept asking me why. I said because you are cute and I want a picture. He was rather annoyed. Boys are so stinkin clueless!!
For those of you that are curious....parent/teacher conference went great. He took me to the library to introduce me to the librarian. It was hilarious. He said, "Hi Mrs. Sue. This is my mom, Abbie, and this is her baby, Max." She knew EXACTLY who Ben was, but in a good way. She knew him so well, that I thought I should enquire. She said that he was great and loves to read. Then he went on to talk to her until I peeled him away. He talks to people so much, you would think that he never gets to talk at home. A couple weeks ago he introduced me to the office staff. He is a smooth operator. He compliments the staff and they all think he's great. If they only knew.....




5 comments:
I totally know what you are talking about!! Everyday when I do Alexa's hair she says "Parker is going to love this hair do". So I ask her who Parker was. She replies "Mom, I just love him and am going to marry him when we get older". WHAT!?!?! She is in kindergarten! Turns out Parker is one of my officers little boys. Now Parkers dad and I tease both of them. It is fun to be a parent!
That is so cute!! M already has little crushes which shocks me. She tells me about them and I try to just listen, because I like being told about them, but I could easily over react! He is such a cute boy!! Love his personality from what I know!!
What's up with these kids...Syd came home today and told me she has a crush on Mike. I said...you mean that mean bully who pushes the other kids and makes them cry? She said...yes, but he's cute! YIKES!
Are you coming to Kara's for Twilight or what? You can swing it...it's not for a whole month. Work your magic!
Also- we went to the beach & Legoland in Carlsbad then headed to San Diego for the rest of our trip. How far are you from there?
dude, their hooking up so young these days
Seriously, who could resist that smile of Ben's? At soccer practice last week Andrew would only play with his Audrey, they kept chasing each other around and hugging and tickling each other. Craziness.
Post a Comment