2 days after Max's first set of tubes fell out he had a massive ear infection. Our pediatrician gave me the look and I knew we would be back at the hospital sometime soon. After 6 weeks of constant ear infection and antibiotics and visits to the ENT, Max was scheduled for surgery. We all went to the hospital and when we put his scrubs on him he instantly knew something was up. There were a few signs that he remembered his last visit in Feb of '08 at the age of 16 months. The procedure for little ones is to give them Versed when they are with their parents. This makes them see double and also makes them loopy so separation from the parents is easier. Oh boy. The pre-op room had Easter eggs hanging from the ceiling and the closest one to Max was about 10 feet away. We knew the drugs were kicking in when he layed down on the bed and started reaching for those eggs as if they were in his reach. Then, without any prompting Ben began to sing to Max.


I don't think Max will mind if he has to do this part again.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
More tubes for Max
Brought to you by Abbie at 7:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Ok, I know this is super cheesy of me but I seriously was brought to tears listening to little Ben sing to his brother. What a cutie! Good thing you caught this on video so you can play it back to them when they are teenagers and hate each other. :) I hope Max feels better soon, poor guy.
That was the sweetest thing! I got chills, so cute. And he knows that song better than I do. Wow! I am seriously impressed!
Wow Abbie! I got teary too. That is so amazing. How did he learn all those words and how did he know to pick that song? So sweet. How is Max? That must have been pretty traumatic.
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!!!! I NEED AN UPDATE =)!!!!!!!
Oh poor Little guy! Where was I when this happened? His wife should have been there to come and comfort him with loves! I'm glad he is doing better now.
Post a Comment