Tuesday, October 20, 2009

And we are live


Summer slip n slide or the sit and drink the water slide.

Papa dressed the boys up in all this hunting gear.

This summer we flew the boys down to CA and then flew back ALONE!! My parents watched the boys for a week while we enjoyed a quiet staycation. We surprised the boys with bunk beds when they came back home. They were very happy little boys. In fact, they still are. Anyone that comes over, Max proudly leads upstairs to see his new bed.

Ben:
*Finished Kindergarten and began 1st grade...with a bang! A few adjustment issues, but is now doing great and sick of always being in reading groups with mostly girls.
*Is very excited about the lesson they had in reading the other day. The topic was "quotation marks" and he now uses them with his hands as he talks.
*We asked him where he wanted to go eat the other day. His response was, "well, which place has the faster beverage service?"
*The other day he asked me if the way I was talking to Daddy was sassy. It was hard enough when Jeremy and I had to stop spelling words to each other to secretly communicate, but now he questions our tone of voice.
*He successfully taught the word stupid to his little brother. (see below)
*We still get very excited when the school bus comes down the street to bring him...HOME!!

Max:
*Was falsely diagnosed with celiac disease, but we did find out that he has no esophageal sphincter and a little hiatus hernia so he has acid reflux issues.
*Is starting to like the idea of friends. (big sigh of relief)
*Is a talker and a singer. Frequently we wake up to a LOUD 3 year olds version of "How Firm a Foundation".
*Recently heard the theme song to Scooby Doo, so he now sings it, "scupid, scupid, scupid, where are you?" The name scooby turned into his version of stupid. Apparently that's what happens when you have an older brother.
*Started Preschool.
*Says my favorite little kid thing, "hold you" when he wants us to hold him or cuddle him. Yesterday it turned into, "hold you me".

Jeremy:
*Still flying for Horizon Air (huge sigh of relief)
*Is the best at playing with the boys because it has been said that I am not very good at playing Lego's and GI Joes, but I am very good at sorting the Lego piles. (Ben's words)
*Has been very good at taking care of the boys during my recovery (see below)

Abbie:
*Spent the summer having miserable pain
*Found out the gallbladder had to come out. During that surgery in Sept they did some other stuff. They repaired my hiatus hernia (yes that same thing Max has), and made an esophageal sphincter (yes the other same problem Max has). Now, 6 weeks out of surgery, I am enjoying a life reflux FREE. After 14 years of throwing up, sitting up to sleep, and constant heartburn/acid reflux, I am enjoying sleeping flat and drinking things like orange juice (which I now love).
*Loves my cute parents and husband who did everything for me during my surgery/recovery!!

6 comments:

madminivanmom said...

she's alive. Tanner would say hold jou. and hold jou me. Actually so did sarah.

Camilla said...

Wow! I'm glad you are feeling better and hopefully things are getting back to normal for you. Too funny about Max's scupid. I love toddler talk.

Bob Hammond said...

At long last she has emerged and spoken!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!

zeeny said...

Glad to have you back! I'm sorry to hear about the health problems...my mom had told me about some of them. I do remember you dealing with some of that. Glad you are feeling better and glad to see pictures of those cute boys!!

Plain City Dickamores said...

About time:)


Loved the Post!!! Hopefully we will see you soon:)

Kellogg said...

YEA-- So happy you are feeling better after 14 years!!! Can you say patients?