Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Santa's lap




This post will have a lot of pictures because it was too hard to pick my favorite one. Ben wanted to put off the visit to Santa because he was having a hard time figuring out what toys he wanted to ask for. Isn't it tough being a kid? He went up and studied Santa's face and then said something. I don't know what, but you can tell by the second picture that it was something that gave Santa's bowl full of jelly a jiggle.
Then there was Max. He would not have anything to do with Santa. He wouldn't look at him. Sitting on the his lap was most certainly not going to happen, so he sat on a stool next to him. During this visit to Santa, somehow his name was changed from Max, because he wouldn't respond to it and when the "elf" asked if his name was Max he shook his head no. Santa was so patient and kind. Look at Max's face in these pictures. I have a very independent, strong-willed 3 year old. (I love it and at the same time I am rolling my eyes.) Now when we ask Max if he wants to go see Santa, he quickly says, "no". Tonight he wanted to play with me and have me come sit on his lap because he was Santa.
Merry Christmas!!






5 comments:

Kara said...

Love those pictures!

Just Us said...

First of all I have to say..Holy cow a post by you? I have been waiting. Although I see one in October slipped past me. You have such cute boys. I wonder what it was that Ben said to Santa. I love Max's face.
Miss you guys.

madminivanmom said...

That's my boy. Sarah has already manifest to us that she will not be sitting on Santa's lap and will not sit by him either. She is going to stand next to him, that way she has a quick getaway if he talks to her.

Jami said...

Ben is getting so big!!! Max sounds like he acts a lot like Roz.

Nic and Jodie said...

That is so great. When our boy was little he would always say "scared to death of Santa!". He still is! Funny! What is so scary about a man that brings you anything you want? Ok- maybe he is a total stranger and dresses strange. ha!