Thursday, September 4, 2008

My little Jedi in training



If you can, click on the picture below so you can see it bigger. Then look at Ben's face when Darth Vader is talking to the kids. He looks so scared.


At the end...Ben was so proud and excited!



I took Benny to Disneyland for one last time before school started. For the first time, we watched the Jedi training show. They pick kids from the crowd to come up and be trained in the Jedi Academy and then Darth Vader appears and they fight him. After we watched the show he decided he wanted to try. So, we came back the next day and during the 3rd show, he was finally picked. Actually he was the first one picked. He wanted so badly to go up and I told him that this was the last time we would try. This little guy was jumping up and down and screaming and waving his hands. When the "Head Master" turned around to where Ben was he stopped and started laughing and called Ben up. Ben got his robe on and they put him on the stage. He looked at me, smiled, and gave me a big thumbs up. I was so proud of his determination. Then Darth Vader came on I thought Ben was going to take a run for it, but he went right up and softly took on Vader. As Ben walked up Darth Vader said to him, "In time you will call me Master." He just looked at Mr. Vader and "activated" his light saber!! He loved the whole thing and I thought he was so brave. I NEVER would have done this as a kid. I don't think anyone I know or anyone I am related to would ever have done this. He is now a proud Padawan.


TRAINING



THE FIGHT WITH DARTH VADER

9 comments:

Plain City Dickamores said...

cool, that sure does look like fun. We are finally going to take our kids in 09. probally february, they are very excited.

The Hammonds said...

Andrew wants to tell Ben:

"Ben, were you scared of Darth Vader? Ben, I'm going to come to Disneyland and do Jedi training someday and I think I'm going to get Darth Vader. Ben, I want you to come with me to fight Darth Vader. We're going to be partners. I'm going to be Obi Wan Kenobi, and you can be Han Solo."

Norris Fam said...

I like the 'very unorthodox technique, but it works' comment from the trainer! You know that some of the kids that go up have to crack them up!

Shalise said...

How fun, We went to Disneyland last Fall and it was SO much fun, your family sure knows all about the fun of Disneyland- I am jelous:)
I want to go again we had a great time. Ben is darling..

The Birdsalls said...

Okay, Cody would have totally done this as a kid, oh, who am I kidding, he would do it today if he could. Looks like fun!

madminivanmom said...

totally not nonsense ben, that looks awesome. tanner likes to play jedi because he isn't a real one like you.

Sessie said...

No way would I have done that as a kid. And Zach is afraid of the teacups going too fast so I don't think he'll be Jedi-ing anytime soon either.

Jami said...

Dave says, "That is awesome" then starts jumping around the room as if he is fighting Darth Vader.

Kellogg said...

Wait! Where do you live? I thought you were in Washington?? So so cool. Conor would have chewed his leg off to do that. Totally into star wars at our house.