Friday, June 27, 2008

A thought and a moment...

A recent conversation with Ben:
Ben: Mom, how come when I jump, I come back down?
Me: Because of gravity. If you were in space you would float around, but here we have gravity and it's the force that keeps everything on the earth.
Ben: I am glad that we have gravity so that I can walk around to where I want to go.

I was relieved. I really thought he was going to ask me when he could go to space.

A recent moment with Max:

Max has his "nigh nigh" which is his blanket. He loves his blanket. I am sure most of you know what I'm talking about. That one item that goes almost everywhere with you. Well, nigh nigh desperately needed a bath. Usually, I sneak it out of his bed when he is having a nap or in bed for the night. I forgot. So, I showed him the washing machine and told him that nigh nigh needed a bath. He slowly backed away from me and the machine and tightened his grip on nigh nigh. I grabbed him and showed him inside and he slowly loosened his grip on the blanket. Finally I was able to put it in. Uh Oh. Not a good move. He was heart broken. During the wash cycle, wherever we were in the house, he would point in the direction of the laundry room and say, "nigh nigh?" I have never changed a batch of laundry so fast, so that we could get nigh nigh out of the dryer and back into the arms of his biggest fan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our kids are a lot alike! They totally need to spend some time together!