Saturday, November 1, 2008

In a galaxy far far away..........


Guess who can reach doorbells now!! Look out. He has been trying to reach ours for a long time. How fitting that now, on Halloween, he learns that he can reach them. Yikes! The dirt on his bum is not intentional. He took a nasty fall on a nasty, now dead, slug.

I don't want to sound too prideful (I said "too prideful"), but apparently we knocked at a house that didn't have candy, but they saw the boys and by the time we were 2 houses away, this lady came up and said that she didn't have candy, but that the boys were so cute that she wanted to give them something. They got money and Ben was THRILLED!!! He has a big trip planned for the $1 store now.

Very cute they are. I have to toot my own horn. I have altered several costumes, but Max's Yoda costume is the first that I made completely by myself. I even made his hat without a pattern.

Mr. Independent (a new thing for him lately) wanted to carry his own basket and light saber. When we tried to carry the basket...he freaked out. The handle moves, so he kept dropping candy. One of us stayed behind and picked up the escaping candy.

I carved Max's "gunkin" and Jeremy carved Ben's.

Too tired to walk home, but not too tired to start digging in to the goods!!

We hope you had a Happy Halloween and may the force be with you!!!

12 comments:

zeeny said...

I am impressed with the costumes...you are always so creative! I love how the pumpkins matched the boys! They both looked great!

Kristin and Jay said...

Wow! I am very impresssed! They looked adorable! And holy cow...look at that candy! Score for you! ANd are you coming to our girls weekend or not? You are avoiding me aren't you? =)

Just Us said...

They look so cute. Man, Ben got a ton of candy. Curse that Halloween candy! I have no self control.

madminivanmom said...

What talent on the sewing machine. Learned that from your mom. That candy loot will last you a couple days, but not more then three.

Camilla said...

Wow, I could not have pulled off making that costume, especially the ears that is very impressive. They are cute boys, I can see why the lady wanted to give them something. Happy Halloween!

The Hammonds said...

Next time we get together we'll have to get all the kids dressed up in their Star Wars gear. Darth Vader, Yoda, Anakin, and Luke & Leia can have some epic battles.

Nic and Jodie said...

Very fun costumes for brothers! Way to go. I hope they don't get super sugar rush bursts like my child! Fun, fun!

The Hammonds said...

"Ben, I liked your costume very much and next time you are trick or treating I need you to be Darth Vader again with a Darth Vader mask. You are my best cousin of all and I love you." -- Andrew

Norris Fam said...

I must say that if those pumpkins had been entered into a contest they would have won HANDS DOWN, no questions asked! You guys have a special talent!

Plain City Dickamores said...

Love the costumes. You are quite the seamstress, and the pumpkin carving queen and king!!!

Kellogg said...

You go girl! The costume and the pumpkins look awesome! Our pumpkins just had the normal triangle, jagged teeth etc...Conor did carve his all by himself thought and he loved it!

Sessie said...

My the force be with you after sewing that stylin' yoda hat. Totally galactic.